19 June 2018

Dating Chronicles : Episode 1

It was a Saturday morning. I had just fallen at the gym the night prior and was sure my knee was fractured. The pain was excruciating. I didn't want to go back home because getting in and out of the car AND walking up steps, was NOT happening. But, I was hungry. I thought urgent care opened at 7:00am and it didn't open until 9:00am. After driving around for about an hour I figured I would just treat myself to breakfast. The thought of French Toast from the Original Pancake House made me really happy and forget that I was in pain for about 30 seconds. Then, it was time to get out of the car. I definitely almost fell in the parking lot. Thankfully, I didn't and was able to hobble into the restaurant. When I was getting to my seat, I glanced over and saw this really cute guy. To this day, I can't really remember what he looked like. But, at 8:00am, he was really cute. He had on a colorful plaid short sleeve button up, wore glasses, had on some khaki slacks and I am unsure of his shoes. He was a brown skinned gentleman with pretty skin. As I sat down to order my French Toast, there was a note that said "fresh strawberries are back". I was like a kid in a candy store because now, I was getting crepes with extra strawberries and their amazing homemade whipped cream. DELISH!

As soon as I ordered, I glanced over to the gentleman again and thought, "today would be a good day for him to ask me out."

-- Note: we have not because we ask not. --

I glanced back down to my phone, I think, and was probably about to scroll Instagram when I hear a hello. I look up and the conversation goes like this (he's blue, I'm red):

I wish you would've told me you were coming to breakfast so I could've waited for you to eat. 

*look up and smile* 

What's your name?

Garnet. Nice to meet you .... *waits for his name*

I'm ---. May I call you next time to invite you to breakfast?

Sure. 

I am going to head to the restroom. Write your number down for me and I will get it when I come back. 

I was genuinely excited because a gentleman actually approached me with respect, kindness, and "game". Granted, even after I left the restaurant, I couldn't remember what he looked like and I didn't remember his name. But, I thought about him again, a few times.

He text about a week later to ask me out. I declined. He called a few days after that to talk and talked to himself more than me.

Dating Tip #1:
Don't compromise who you are 
for the life you think you want. 
                 - @thegarnetexperience



We so frequently try to become what others want us to be when all we need to be is ourselves and that alone will attract the energy we desire. Though this occurrence was not a love connection, overall, I give it an A for effort on approach. This occurrence reminded me that men do know how to approach women with respect and admiration. It's admirable and welcomed. 




Until next time, 

- garnet terri



No comments: