26 September 2017

Full.

My birthday is coming up. Not, soon but soon. In a conversation I was having with a friend of mine, friend asked, 
"What do you want for your birthday this year?".
What do I want? *silence* *crickets* What DO I want? I. have. no. i. dea.

As the days progressed I thought about what I wanted. Nothing. I went to facebook for ideas. There were some good ones. I went to instagram for ideas. There were some even better ones. I asked friends for ideas. They had great ones too.

Even with every answer I received, I still was unsure of what I wanted for my birthday. Why was this such a challenge for me?

...because, I have every thing I wanted. 

To be 30 years old and have everything I want is just amazing! I don't love things, so much, anyway. But, to have a home, a car, employment, multiple incomes, flexibility, good health (mental, physical, spiritual, emotional)... what else is it to want? Love? World Peace? More Money?

...and, what would that do for you?

I think we often look for happiness in things. But, happiness is found within ourselves. I think we look to things to bring us joy. But, joy, too, is internal.  I think we often give other things entirely too much credit to make sure we are ok. 

This year was ....hard? But, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I learned exactly what I don't want. I learned exactly what I do want. I learned exactly what I want to work towards. I learned exactly what I want for myself. And, for that, I am eternally grateful. 

Today, take a moment to look at your life from within. Are you empty? Are you half empty? Are you half full? Are you full?

Whatever it is that you are, it is up to you to change your narrative. 

Love, you, all ways, always. 
g. 

No comments: