28 July 2017

Reminder: You Are Enough!

Yesterday, my company was a sponsor of a pretty significant event. This was the first time I was hands off (mostly) at a major event. 

During the event, I went over to the table to get some cake for some guests and a young lady asked what kind I was getting. I let her know, "cookies and cream." She then asked if I had had "cake from here" before. To that, I replied "yes, and I would recommend the apple cinnamon." As I walked away but was still in earshot, my staff said "that was the owner of the company." The young lady (early 30s, perhaps) responded in awe. It was the same response you hear after someone missed the opportunity to meet a celebrity. For the first time, in the 3, almost 4 years, that I've owned my company, I realized - I'm doing this. I'm actually "sitting at the table". 

Through everything, I wasn't very committed or consistent. I started things to get my mind off other things. I didn't really want to do said things in the first place. But this, this entrepreneurship, has always been what I wanted to do. The doors that have opened, the relationships that have been built, the tables to which I have a seat ... are ALL results of my consistency. And, I am so grateful. And, quite frankly, I'm extremely proud of myself. 

To those that have supported me, thank you. To those that have pushed me, thank you. To those that think this is just a hobby, thank you. To those that prefer other establishments to mine, thank you. To every client, investor, donor, financial backer, promoter.. thank you. And, for every no .. THANK YOU. 

Dreams do come true and every phase is worth celebrating. Keep going. It's coming. You better not give up. You are worth it. You are deserving. Your dream is there for a reason. It's YOUR dream for a reason. Make a plan and make it happen! 

You are enough. ❤

No comments: